Make history and add your personal contribution to the exciting Pink Shoe Time Capsule celebrating 100 years of women’s voices.
Highlighting the progress women have made in the past 100 years, the Time Capsule marks the 2018 centenary of the 1st women getting the vote, linking with Parliament’s Vote100 Project, and also celebrating Pink Shoe achievements over the past 10 years. The Time Capsule pays tribute to women’s accomplishments, aims and aspirations. Accessible to people of all cultures, ages and abilities, its a commemorative memorial as well as a message of hope and aspiration to future generations.
Women from across the UK and beyond are sending a personal message in time. A message from you to your future self and to future generations of women.
Questions you could consider when creating your message include:
- Which women from history do you most admire and why?
- What has 100 years of women’s suffrage meant to women in the UK? And for you personally?
- Who is your present-day female model role model? And how do they inspire you?
- What do you hope will have been achieved for women in 10 years time?
- What changes for women in Parliament do you want to see over the next 10 years?
- What do you wish you’d known 10 years ago? What would you like to tell your future self?
- What is your proudest personal achievement?
- What is your greatest hope for future generations of women?
- What would you wish to be achieved for women over the next 100 years?
- What actions /activities /initiatives should Pink Shoe create to help make this happen?
Or none of the above – just what is right for you!
The Time Capsule was launched at the Speaker’s House last year. Bringing together films, photographs, artwork, crafts, poems, songs, mementoes, texts, tweets, social media and audio messages…. You could choose to simply write your message and email it to us with a selfie, or you may wish to be more creative.
All contributions are welcome, from women and men of all ages and from every part of the world. Whatever you decide your message to be, we’re keen to include your voice!
Every participant will be invited to the special ceremony being held in Parliament in June 2018.
Please send your message along with a photograph/selfie to Hannah Grover
The Time Capsule will be opened in 2028 to share the messages it holds on the anniversary of all women getting the right to vote. It will then be ‘buried’ again until 2118!